Back Office Support Services specialises in helping recruitment businesses grow through running their payrolls, factoring and invoicing. It is an owner-managed business based in Congleton established in 1998.
The company is looking to appoint a Product Owner reporting to the IT Manager. The purpose of the role is to perform the analysis of detailed requirements, documenting systems and processes (technical and otherwise) and performing acceptance reviews with users. To succeed in this role, you will have an analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Maintain an interest in the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Performing requirements analysis.
- Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Facilitating workshops, and employing other investigative techniques to elicit requirements from stakeholders and users.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders.
- Providing training, coaching, and guidance to others.
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Performing user acceptance reviews.
- Managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance.
- Maintaining a product backlog
- Updating, implementing, and maintaining procedures.
- Prioritising initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- Managing competing resources and priorities.
- Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a product owner / business analyst role or a related field.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Visio, Teams and Outlook.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects. Generates enthusiasm across team (department and project).
Analytical, proactive, knowledgeable, supportive, methodical, meticulous, thorough, disciplined, questioning, determined, trustworthy, leader, presentable, professional, self-motivated, responsible, committed, loyal, team player.
- £40k level depending on experience
- 37.5 hours per week, usual business hours are between 8.15am and 5.30pm
- 25 days holiday (plus bonus day around Christmas – T&Cs apply), holiday entitlement increases with service to max of 28 days